Saturday, February 11, 2012

Quote of the Week

Hi all,

Its Saturday! That means it is time for my quote of the week!

If you don't do what best for you body, you're the one who comes up on the short end. -Julius Erving

Ain't that the truth! I figured that one out more than ever in 2010. I don't think I exercised at all. I was a lazy bum. No wonder I was so unhappy with myself! I started seriously exercising in November of 2011 and it changed my life! It made me feel great and I really felt the difference quickly. I worked out every single day for 30 days straight and at the end I felt fantastic. I lost weight consistently and the pounds kept sliding off after that challenge! I was sooo happy and I had a lot more energy! I got mono and couldn't work out again for awhile until this week and I'm already feeling a difference!!

You HAVE to take care of your body. If you're putting nothing but junk into your body it is NOT healthy!! You NEED to have those servings of fruits and vegetable EVERY SINGLE DAY. You NEED to eat in moderation. I count my weight watchers points every single day. NO MATTER WHAT. I also try to watch what I eat.. I make sure I get a minimum of 5 servings of fruit and veggies a day. Usually I eat about 6-7. I always have a certain amount of dairy each day and I control the amount of junk food I take in. I've found that convenience eating is not the way to go for me. I can't just go to McD's or Burger King and eat whatever I want. Eating greasy french fries, mozzasticks, poutine, burgers and fried chicken is NOT the way to go!! I have gone to a fast food restaurant ONCE since 2012 began. I got poutine. Why? Because it was on the side of the highway on the way to Kingston.. and I figured if I was going to eat something SO unhealthy I would eat something I knew I'd really enjoy! Yes, I wanted to get the fried chicken burger AND the poutine.. but that was not the healthy option. Especially considering I wasn't sure what I was going to be having for dinner. Ideally I should have got the salad but a girls got to live every once and a while!! (side note: I will NEVER deprive myself of the foods I love!)

Another thing I don't do is fill up on unhealthy sugary drinks. 90% of the time I get water. the other 10% is coffee or wine. I gave up drinking pop in January of 2011. It really does make a difference! A few of my other friends did this and also noticed a difference. Everyone always compliments me on my nice skin and my white teeth. DINGDINGDING!! BINGO. That's why! I drink MINIMUM of 8-9 glasses a day. I love water!

Anyways.. there's my rant for the day!

Have a good weekend :)


  1. I rarely drink pop. Every now and again I get a craving but like you I almost always drink water - or coffee or wine.