Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Details about my challenge & Day 3!

Hi all,

I wanted to talk about my new challenge and how it is different from my previous challenges.

The main difference is that I will be logging a minimum of 5 minutes of activity every single day instead of workouts. When I did my previous challenges I was mainly on the treadmill, doing zumba, power walking and working on my exercise ball. I was working out. On Weight Watchers there is something called activity points.. you gain these points by being active and can use them to put towards more food. I usually like to collect them to see how many I can get in a week... hehe usually 25+.

An example of some things that are included in these activities:

  • aerobics
  • ax chopping (prob won't be doing this one.. but it is an option!)
  • basketball
  • bicycling
  • bowling
  • cleaning
  • dancing
  • elliptical
  • farming 
  • football
  • Frisbee
  • gardening
  • golf
  • gymnastics
  • horseback riding
  • housework (cleaning windows, ironing, laundry, mopping and scrubbing floors, vacuuming)
  • hunting (UGH!! REALLY?????)
  • jogging
  • judo
  • kickboxing
  • motorcycle riding (didn't see this one before.. just had quite the chuckle)
  • rowing
  • running
  • sawing (by hand)
  • scuba diving
  • shoveling snow
  • skateboarding 
  • soccer
  • squash
  • stacking firewood
  • strength training
  • stretching
  • surfing
  • swimming
  • tennis
  • walking
  • washing the car
  • water sports
  • wrestling
  • yoga
That is ONLY SOME of the options I can choose from.

A lot of the activities I will likely pick will be "workout" style activities as I like to be in it for the long haul (30-40 mins).. but when I'm sore from a workout and just want to have a slower day I can count doing my laundry as an activity.. I can do some dancing.. I can go play tennis.. I can wash my car (much needed) or I can go tackle my boyfriend and wrestle a bit :P. hahahaha.

The main point of this challenge is to get myself going .. to be active every single day for 30 days straight. Again the 5 minutes is a bare minimum and I am unlikely to ever JUST do 5 minutes.. but I needed to set a time.

Just wanted to give you a better understanding of what I will be doing :).

Yesterday (Day 3) I did a TON of shopping.. one hour in the morning (for work) and then 2 hours in the evening (for pleasure). I could count that as leisurely walking ...though if you go grocery shopping with me you may not consider that leisurely haha.(I logged 60 minutes though I probably could have logged more) 

Tonight I will be doing 45 minutes of Zumba!! Imma shake my thang!! 

Anyways.. I must go.

Have a lovely day!

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment